OshaberiNet is a collaborative effort between volunteers. This document describes the day-to-day procedures for operating the network.
Global operators own and maintain a hub node. This type of operator may take action on the entire network such as banning a user from all servers. They may also appoint a single local operator to assist with the operation of their node.
Local operators may own a leaf node or be appointed by a global operator. This type of operator may take action on single node in the network.
All global operators are services operators. Services operators are able to take action on the services system.
Precedence of Network Policy
Network Policy as described in this document shall override local node policy in all cases. All nodes and operators must abide by network policy.
Should a node fail to fully implement network policy a thirty day grace period will be extended to allow for its owner to make necessary changes. If at the end of the grace period the node owner has not complied the node will be delinked in accordance with the Delinking Procedure described in this document.
Votes must be cast as part of governing the network. Voting should be carried out as follows:
- All network operators must vote yea or nay.
- Votes from Global Operators shall be counted on a 1-to-1 basis.
- The simple majority result from the Local Operators shall count as 1.
- Votes from Global Operators and simple majority result from Local operators shall be summed for the final result.
Should a voting action result in a tie, a tie-breaker vote should be cast by simple coin flip through the gameserv provided by services: heads for yea, tails for nay.
Changing Network Policy
Network policy may be changed to better suit the needs of the network and its users.
Changing the Network Policy requires that:
- The change be sponsored by a Global Operator.
- The change shall have a scheduled discussion period in the network operators channel.
- The voting procedure described in this document shall be carried out to confirm (yea) or reject (nay) the proposed change.